Priligy is a commonly prescribed medication for the treatment of premature ejaculation in adult men. It works by temporarily increasing serotonin levels, which can be beneficial in delaying ejaculation. Priligy is often a more desirable option over other forms of pharmacological treatments as it can be taken on an ‘as needed’ basis, rather than daily or even multiple times per day.
The active ingredient in Priligy is dapoxetine hydrochloride, and it comes in tablet form. It should only be taken when sexual activity is anticipated, up to three hours before intercourse. Due to its short-term effects and few side effects, this medication has become one of the most popular treatments for premature ejaculation.
Here are ten tips to consider when taking the Priligy for the first time:
1. Always remember to take Priligy exactly as prescribed by your doctor — do not change the dosage or stop taking it without talking to your health care professional first.
2. Make sure you know how Priligy is meant to work before starting a course of treatment — talk to your doctor about potential side effects and other risks associated with this medication.
3. Priligy can cause drowsiness, dizziness, and blurred vision, so avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how it affects you.
4. Alcohol can increase the effects of Priligy, so refrain from drinking alcohol while taking the medication.
5. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking Priligy.
6. Before you take Priligy, contact true medical and inform your doctor if you have any medical history of heart disease or liver/kidney problems.
7. It is important to take the full course of Priligy as prescribed by your doctor to ensure that it works properly and its effects last for a longer period of time.
8. Avoid taking any other medications including natural supplements or over-the-counter drugs without first consulting with your doctor — this can reduce the effectiveness of the medication or increase side effects.
9. Monitor yourself closely while taking Priligy and always make sure you’re drinking enough water and eating a healthy diet.
10. If you experience any severe side effects while taking Priligy, call your doctor immediately — this could be a sign of an allergic reaction or other serious condition.
By following these tips, you can ensure that taking Priligy for the first time is as safe and effective as possible. Remember to talk to your doctor if you have any questions about using this medication, so that your treatment plan is tailored specifically to your needs. Taking care of yourself is the best way to guarantee positive results from Priligy and other medications prescribed by your doctor.
If you are still unsure about anything related to taking Priligy for the first time, talk to your doctor or a pharmacist. They can provide you with more information and guidance on how to get the most out of this medication. Good luck!